June 25th to July 1st, 2017 - The Puttalam district of Sri Lanka
6 nights of Yoga & Meditation
with Sally Meredith
Unplug out of the grid and into mother natures arms. Join us at this rural village setting with ancient sites surrounding, in the Puttalam District of Sri Lanka.
- Far from the beaten track -
An offering for you to not only retreat, but to journey deeply into the inner landscapes of your own body and mind. Located on the outskirts of a rural Sri Lankan Village, this retreat will have you immersed in nature and wildlife, further supporting your journeying inward. You will be guided through meditation exercises, breath work, and daily yoga asana practices by experienced facilitator, Sally. Each day has been intentionally designed to support your alignment with the rhythms of nature and to bring deep nourishment to your body and soul. Whether you are advanced or new to yoga, this retreat will meet you in a way that builds depth into your practice, and is both grounding and expansive, restorative and energising. There will be ample free time each day for you to pause, reflect, lay about in a hammock, and to explore and experience this special pocket of Sri Lanka.
The Mudhouse is an eco retreat centre with jungle surrounds, located in the Puttalam District of Sri Lanka. Being flanked by lakes and blessed with an abundance of incredibly diverse wildlife, the natural beauty of the place provides an endless colourful backdrop to retreat life.
Largely untouched by tourism, the region is home to a very proud, traditional way of life, with history buried wherever you look.
The Mudhouse is committed to the principles of responsible and community-based tourism, and runs with environmental sustainability at it's core. The accommodation is of private and individually designed huts, each with their own unique, rustic touches. These gorgeous mud built huts will have you comfortably sleeping and waking among the soothing sounds and fresh air of the jungle.
If you like you can find more information about the facilities and the surrounding area here.
Sally has personally designed the menu with the help of the Mudhouse chefs to ensure you will be nourished with delicious and nutritiously balanced vegetarian, gluten-free meals each day, with traditional Sri Lankan flavours to sample!
All food is freshly cooked on site using produce mostly from the Mudhouse's onsite organic Farm. Other ingredients are sourced locally from farmers or the market in town. Whilst emphasising a meat free retreat, there will be options for locally sourced fresh fish in some meals. We can accommodate for special dietary requirements, just let us know in advance! All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner), non-alcoholic drinks, tea, coffee and fruits are included in the retreat costs.
Retreat package (what's included)
- 6 nights rustic jungle accommodation experience
- Daily meditation practice including pranayama (breath work) and kriya (cleansing exercises)
- 2 hatha yoga practices per day (morning vinyasa, late afternoon yin)
- Integrating and journeying deeper with a daily workshop/reflection/guided exploration
- A special goodie bag from Sally
- 3 organic meals per day prepared freshly from the organic farm on site
- Your own bicycle to get around the property and explore the surrounds
- Temple visit
- Guided morning bird watching walk
- Kayaks available to paddle in the lakes on the property and/or surrounding
- tuk-tuk service for nearby site seeing or to lakes for swims
- Free time to relax, soak it all in and explore the richness of this magical and untouched area of Sri Lanka
- Optional activities: Organic garden tour, cooking lesson, picnic at one of the other lakes nearby, guided nature walk, excursion to ancient historical sites or national park safari
A typical day - *subject to vary according to the energy of the group
- 7:00am light refreshments
yoga asana flow class
- 9:00am breakfast
workshop or guided exploration/reflection time
- 1:00pm lunch
- Free time
options for an afternoon trip, hammock dozing, kayak, etc
- 6:30pm Dinner
some evenings will close with a sound bath, guided relaxation or ceremony
Pricing (in AUD)
Full retreat package
Private hut for one = $1,990
Private hut for two (couple or twin share) = $1,860p/p
Shared hut = $1700p/p
$500 deposit due upon registration
Take $100 off your balance if deposit is paid by April 15th!
Book to share with one or more friends and you (and your friend/s) will receive 10% off your retreat cost!
So the cost would be:
Private hut for two = $1,674p/p
Shared hut = $1,530p/p
EARLY BIRD with SPECIAL OFFER:
Private hut for two = $1,584p/p
Shared hut = $1,440p/p
The different accommodations choices
There are three options for your stay on the retreat
- Private hut for one: Enjoy your own private space!
- Private hut for two: Option for a double bed or two single beds.
- Shared hut: Large and spacious dwellings with up to 6 double beds and communal lounging space. Whilst sharing with others, these huts are designed to offer a sense of personal space.
You don't have to book with a friend/s for shared accommodation, just let us know your preference and we will pair/group with with another retreater.
Additional travel costs and information
You will need to cover your own travel costs (flights, transfers, etc). The retreat will start at 5pm on June 25, and check-out is 11am on July 1.
You will need to organise your own Travel Insurance.
Colombo's BIA International Airport is just 2.5 hours drive from the retreat. We can arrange transfers from the airport for around $30 per person each way. We will give you details about this at time of booking.
Your passport requires at least 6months validity to travel overseas
Wifi at The Mudhouse is available at the office area only, although mobile phones do get reception/data across most of the site.
You are encouraged to switch off